Because Plastmore has more product variety, Because Plastmore offers customized solutions for your specific needs, Because Plastmore is customer oriented and easy to work with.
Please click on the below links to find out more about why Plastmore should be your packaging supplier:
In this technic of packaging producing, the plastic granules (PP, PS or PE but mostly PP) are melted and then injected into the mould. The mould has two parts, male and female. The melted raw material fills the gap between the male and female parts of the mould and then a cooling period is applied in order to solidify the injected material so that the shape of the mould is transfered to it.
In mould labels (IML) are preprinted labels. IML labels are placed into the injection mould with the help of a robot. Then the mould (male and female parts) closes and the raw material is injected. In this process, preprinted labels (IML) and the injected plastic material are unified and they become one piece.
Contrary to regular stickers, once applied, IML labels can not be removed from the tub or lid. IML labels are more attractive on the shelves and they are stronger in terms of reducing the complications of heat and moisture that effect regular stickers a lot.
There are many different types of IML labels available depending on your market needs and the budget you are willing to allocate.
– Orange Peel IML labels: This type is the most commonly used type of IML because it is cost efficient, it is process friendly (causes less rejection during production), it allows overlapping to a certain limit and last but not the least, it does not cause convexity or dome shape on the tub or lid.
– Glossy IML labels: This type is a good option to differentiate your packaging. It has a glossy look. It can be even glossier by applying UV lacquer on top of it (High Gloss IML).
– Cold Foil Metalic IML labels: One more step to differentiate your packaging. A metalic look can be given to the chosen areas on the label. Your logo or message can be in metalic look, attracting more attention, for example.
– Transparent IML: In case you want the consumers to see the product you are filling into the packaging, this might be a good option. Ofcourse, the packaging itself should be suitable for transparent production. Some of the moulds we have are not suitable for transparency. Please contact our sales representative to learn if the packaging you are interested can be produced as transparent.
– Oxygen or UV barrier IML labels: If you need a longer shelf life, these barrier labels are a good option. However, the whole surface of the packaging should be covered by these IML labels in order to work efficiently. As a result, they require specific tub and lid moulds.
– We need to receive the actual flavourwise quantity from your side,
– We need to prepare the proforma invoice and send it to you for approval,
– We need to receive the artworks from your side based on the keylines we provided,
– We will send you the pictures of the artworks and ask you to give approval for the text, barcode, placement etc.
– We need to receive the down payment (in case the agreed payment term requires it),
For some companies we directly go into order processing at this level. For some of them the procedure continues:
– We send you color proofs so that you can check the color that will be printed on the labels and make sure the colors are matching with what you had in your mind while preparing the artwork. Please note that the actual label colors and the color proof colors may differ by 5%.
For some companies, we process the order after receiving an email with the signed color proofs. But for some of them the procedure continues:
– If you want to be present while the labels are printed to give approval for the colors, we will get in touch with the printer, ask for the earliest print date and then inform you. Someone from your company will come to Turkey (most of the printers are located in Istanbul, very close to our factory) and give color approval while the labels are being printed. Please note that if this is required, accommodation and flight tickets will be borne by your company.
– The keyline will be provided by us and the artwork should be prepared based on the instructions given on the keyline such as the inner distance to the cutting line.
– Resolution of the images should be minimum 300dpi.
– All text areas should be converted with “create outlines” command.
– The artwork should be sent to us in vectoral format as AI file.
– The artwork should be sent to us “as layered” for probable color adjustments.
– Please send the artworks to us through a website link such as WeTransfer. This will speed up the procedure.
There are three aspects of the minimum order quantity.
– Labelwise minimum order quantity: Normally the minimum label order quantity is 25.000 sets per artwork.
– Productionwise minimum order quantity: Normally the minimum order quantity of tubs and lids is 20’ container load.
– Minimum production quantity for tub and lid color changes: Normally the minimum production quantity with one color before we change the color is 25.000 pcs.
However, in reality, we can bend these rules. Let us say you chose 11022 coded product for icecream and you want to place an order of 59.000 sets which is 20’ container load and you have 4 different flavours. Let us say the flavourwise quantity is 5.000, 13.000, 35.000 and 6.000 sets. If you accept only two different tub and lid colors (one for 35.000 set flavour and one color for the other three) and if we can get all the artworks printed on the same print run, this order is within the MOQ limits. Label printer can print all the artworks on the same print run under these conditions: If all the artworks are prepared based on CMYK colors without any extra pantone color requirement or if the same pantone color is shared by all the artworks.
In order to rule out probable misunderstandings it is better to inform us at the beginning of the negotiation about the exact number of flavours and the exact color quantity of all artworks for those flavours. Based on this, we can prepare a more realistic price offer. If you are not sure about the flavours and the colors in the beginning, our offer will based on the assumption that all of the artworks will be prepared based on CMYK colors without extra pantone color requirement. The price offer can be revised after you decide the flacour quantity and the color quantity of their artworks, if needed.
Normally we need 10 to 15 days for the IML labels to arrive our factory after the final approval on the artworks. For one container load of products, we need 10 to 15 days of production. So 30 days are required to get the goods ready for shipment. The daily production capacity of some of our moulds are lower than the others and these require more days. Furthermore, the time you place the order also plays a role here. If we have a tight schedule by the time you place an order, getting your order ready for shipment might take longer than 45 days. As a result, you need to consider minimum 30 days after the final approvals and this might increase depending on the time you order and depending on the daily production capacity of the product you choose. It is better to speak about the lead time during the negotiation.
If we are going to work fort he first time the payment term will be 30% downpayment when ordering and 70% before we load the goods into the transportation vehicle. Sometimes we also accept LC at sight. After working for some time, depending on your payment history, we can accept better payment terms. Furthermore, we work with Turkish Eximbank to learn your financial health. The financial report we receive from Eximbank about your company plays a big role while we decide changing your payment term with a better one. However, obtaining this report takes a couple of weeks (sometimes more than a month) depending on the country you are located in. So, even if your financial health is very good for better payment terms, in reality we can not wait for the Eximbank report and we ask for “30% downpayment when ordering and 70% before we load the goods into the transportation” payment term for the beginning.
Incoterms 2010 rules apply.
FCA/Ustun Plastik factory: In this delivery term, we get the products ready in the outer packaging we agrred on (with or without palets). We finalize the export customs clearance and get the required documents ready and send them to you. After we load the goods into the transportation vehicle, risk passes to buyer.
FOB/Ambarli port: In this delivery term, all of FCA terms apply. Additionally we will pay for the inland transportation cost and port charges from our factory to the board of the vessel. Our responsibility finishes as soon as the container is secured on the board of the vessel.
CNF / Any port: In this delivery term all of the FOB terms apply. Additionally we pay for the freight cost. All risks pass to buyer when the container is secured on the board of the vessel. But we pay for the freight cost as well. However, the port charges at the destination should be paid by the buyer. In case you need an insurance draft for CNF, the name of the delivery term changes in to CIF. In this case all terms of CNF applies but additionally we purchase an insurance draft on your behalf.
DAP / your factory: In this delivery term all of the CIF terms apply but additionally we pay for the inland transportation and the port charges in your country untill the vehicle reaches your factory. All risks are on us until we deliver the goods to your factory. Unloading from the transportation vehicle at your factory falls on your responsibility.
The HS code of our product is 39231090. In some countries the last digits of this code for our product changes. So it is better for you to speak with your customs broker and have him find out the exact HS code. Based on this HS code, buyer has to learn from its customs broker exactly which documents are required by the customs authority where the import clearance will be done. Normally invoice, packlist and certificate of origin are sufficient for export clearance.
However, if any third party documents are required for import clearance, we should be adviced about this prior to order placement in order to prepare the documents. In some cases these kind of third party documents are not possible to obtain after the products are shipped. As a result, learning the necessary documents from your customs broker and informing us about these are crucial steps to be taken for a smooth import clearance.
In an unlikely event of quality issues, for better traceability it is important that you take a picture of the carton sticker and attach it to the complaint email. There are certain codes on these carton stickers that enable us trace the production history and the materials used. Furthermore, attaching pictures to describe the nature of the problem will be very helpful. In some cases we will ask you to send samples of the non-qualified products. In case of a complaint, please try to provide information and visuals as many as possible.